MPL AG Newsletter November 2016
Embedded Computer (PIP30 Family) now with “E” Approval
The ECE regulations designate a set of internationally agreed, uniform technical requirements for vehicles, parts and equipment of motor vehicles. The ECE test, also referred to as E-mark or E-ID, is an identification of motor vehicle components requiring approval.
The Convention states: ECE regulation agreement concerning the adoption of uniform technical prescriptions for wheeled vehicles, equipment and parts which can be fitted on wheeled vehicles (s) and / or used, and the conditions for reciprocal recognition of approvals granted on the basis of these prescriptions.
The PIP30 Family been tested accordingly by an authorized lab and approved by the Swiss Federal Roads Office (FEDRO). This enables MPL AG officially to mark the PIP30 with the “E mark”. Hence the “E-mark” is valid within the European Community as well as 47 states worldwide. (14 documents the tests have been done in Switzerland)
In addition the PIP30 Family has, next to various shock & vibration test, also been EMI tested according:
– Industrial standard of emission and Immunity test to meet the CE requirements
– EN50155 to meet Railways emission and Immunity requirements
– MIL-STD-810F for various Defense emission and Immunity requirements like vehicles, planes…
Key features of the PIP30 Family are:
– Intel CPU based up to Quad Core i7
– Various housings and packaging depending on the mounting and installation requirements
– Shock and vibration proven according MIL Standard, EN50155…
– Lowest possible power consumption
– Fanless, Embedded, Rugged, Reliable
– Long-term available (10+ years, 20+ repairable)
The PIP30 Family is a perfect solution for a system that will be used in rugged environments with flexibility and adjustment requirements for your project. You may have a look at the expansion possibilities for the PIP www.mpl.ch/t2b00.html
Also feel free to downloads the new PIP Option datasheet.