MPL AG Newsletter November 2019
Fanless Embedded Rugged Solution with 9th Generation Intel CPU
MPL presents a new fanless Embedded Computer Family based on the 9th generation Intel processors
(PIP40 Family). Decades of experience (since 1985) in engineering and producing extremely robust embedded solutions, made the PIP40 Family possible.
One of the new members of the PIP40 Family is the PIP44 with the Intel i3-9100HL embedded CPU.
The PIP44 is equipped with features like:
– Up to 64GB registered ECC DDR4 memory
– 1x m.2 Key-A (USB2.0, PCIe 2×1, up to 3042 module size, WIFI, …)
– 1x m.2 Key-B (USB3.0, up to 3042 module size, LTE, …)
– 1x m.2 Key-M (SATA or PCIe 4×1, up to 2280 module size)
– 2x mPCIe/mSATA Mini Card socket with SATA 3.0 & USB 2.0
– 2x SATA 3.0 / 1x NVMe or SATA SSD
– Up to 7 LAN ports
– 4x RS232 or RS422/485 (optional)
– Expansion capabilities for GPGPU on MXM, PCIe (eg. RAID, high end graphics or XMC modules)
The PIP44 (TPD 25W) is available in the MPL standard housing with DIN-Rail or flange mounting. Further enclosures with IP67 or as 19″ rack version are available too.
The open frame version (CPU board on cooling plate) is best suited for installation in existing cabinets and tight areas. For applications in a vibration environment, the solution can be supplied with lockable headers.
Customized versions are MPL’s strength! Further CPUs of the PIP40 Family are available and can be found on MPL’s homepage www.mpl.ch
All MPL products are designed for long-term availability and the PIP40 Family will be available for at least 10 years.
MPL’s own component stock guarantees repairs for up to 20 years. Extended temperature ranges can be fulfilled and are tested in MPL’s own climatic chambers according customer’s request.
The PIP44 is 100% engineered & manufactured by MPL AG in Switzerland and meets or exceeds the most common standards. Particular references are: EN 55022, EN 55024, EN 61000, MIL-STD-461E, EN 60068, EN 50155, MIL-STD-810G, EN 60601, EN 60950, CE, IEC 60945, IACS and E10.
If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.
Your MPL team